Friday, December 27, 2013

The Best Music in 2013

There's no denying the amount of good music birthed this 2013. Today, we list the top records released this year.


Over the past few years, it's been a tradition of mine to blog about the best music that came out in the year. This year, there are a couple of repeat offenders from 2011 (like James Blake and One Direction) and a couple from last year's list (like Zedd), but overall, we see the rise of many new faces and new talent in the realm of music.




The Badger Beats 2013 Top Music Chart!

21. Pretty Boy - Young Galaxy


20. Get Lucky - Daft Punk ft. Pharrel Williams


19. Play by Play - Autre ne Veut


18. Retrograde - James Blake


17. The Wire - HAIM


16. #Beautiful - Mariah Carey ft. Miguel


15. Prairie Girl - Rah Rah


14. Texas - Magic Man


13. Weight - Mikal Cronin


12. Gun - CHVRHCES


11. Let It Go - Idina Menzel // (and pretty much the whole Frozen soundtrack)


10. Almost Is Never Enough - Ariana Grande ft. Nathan Sykes


9. Kids - Mikky Ekko


8. Pompeii - Bastille


7. Story of My Life - One Direction


6. Stay the Night - Zedd ft. Hayley Williams


5. Mirrors - Justin Timberlake


4. Closer - Tegan & Sara


3. Body Party - Ciara


2. We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus


1. Royals - Lorde



And that's it for 2013 in Music!


2 comments:

  1. What's your criteria? Why these songs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at a variety of factors, like airplay, or popularity in many of the popular hitcharts like Billboard. I also checked if I missed on some indie gold by looking at other music blogs like Pitchfork or Pigeon and Planes.

    Basically, though, I looked into my own personal preferences and my own listening pattern over the year, which songs sounded good to me and which ones didn't really feel right to be in the list. I also inserted a bit more of the indie stuff I listen to at the bottom of list, since I think they've also made waves in their own way in the indie scene.

    ReplyDelete