Sunday, January 5, 2014

On Anticipated 2014 Movies - Beat #0005 - Lessons - SOHN

I am probably one of the biggest fans of the film medium in the entire universe, and there is nothing more fun than watching a really great movie with good company. That is why I compiled my own list of my anticipated movies for the year 2014.


Movies with *** are on my personal must watch list!

Lego Movie (Feb 7) ***
Mr. Peabody and Sherman (Mar 7) ***
Veronica Mars (Mar 14)
Me and My Shadow (Mar 14)
Divergent (Mar 21)
Muppets Most Wanted (Mar 21)
Noah (Mar 28)
Capt America: Winter Soldier (Apr 4)
Draft Day (Apr 11)
Transcendence (Apr 18)
Walk of Shame (Apr 25)
Spiderman 2 (May 2)
Chef (May 9)
Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return (May 9)
Neighbors (May 9)
Godzilla (May 16)
Million Dollar Arm (May 16)
X-Men (May 23)
Maleficent (May30)
Fault in Our Stars (June 6) ***
Blended (June 11)
22 Jump Street (June 13)
How To Train Your Dragon 2 (June 13)
Tammy (July 2)
Jupiter Ascending (july 18)
Sex Tape (July 25)
Guardians of the Galaxy (Aug 1) ***
The Giver (Aug 15)
This Is Where I Leave You (Sept 12)
The Maze Runner (Sept 19) ***
The Boxtrolls (Sept 26)
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (Oct 10)
The Interview (Oct 10)
Interstellar (Nov 7)
Big Hero 6 (Nov 7)
Mockingjay 1 (Nov 21) ***
Exodus (Dec 12)
Paddington (Dec 12) ***
Annie (Dec 19) ***

***


File under: Beat#0005 - Lessons - SOHN (4AD)

Last.fm Popularity: 35,761 listeners

Why music bloggers would like it: This sonic epic is an ambient haunter, flooding slowly with creeping synths, paired with soulful vocals for an almost spiritual result. It also features a rich bass, delicate melodies. The song is porcelain, fragile and precious, and will make you break if you're not careful.

Why I really like it: Those lyrics are so effing heartbreaking. It's like I the sound a fic makes when it's all angsty. Sometimes we need some angst to balance the fluff. And did you notice how awesome the production is for this song? I thought so!

Fave lyrics:
"Of struggling, of struggling.
Of giving in, of giving in.
This time I keep an open view.
This time I keep away from you."

If you liked this, you might also like:
Given the Chance - The Kite String Tangle (The Kite String Tangle)
All the Days - HAERTS (Columbia Records)

0 comments:

Post a Comment