Saturday, January 18, 2014

On the First Half of January - Badger Beat #0012 - World Spins Madly On - The Weepies

The first half of January is a mix of emotions. There were a lot of highs, and a ton of lows as well. But overall, it was manageable. I guess this is the taste of what 2014 has to offer. And as the world spins madly on, it is important to remember that there's always a tomorrow which we can make better than today.



So, a bit of a summary for the first half of January. I posted some pictures from this first half of the month. And some thoughts and ideas I had. Plus some videos I discovered.

***

Five pictures from the past two weeks

Celebrating the New Year at MOA! #fambam


An important win versus UST at the SJ Arena


Dinner date with the one and only Madame Karen



Videoke session with the balikbayan Kuya Au, and Karen and 'te Rach.


Ryan Ng visits Ateneo! He treated me to Bonchon!


***

Five thoughts over the past two weeks

* Walking With Dinosaurs 3D was a flop. I watched it with my parents this week. The animation was incredible, but the plot was flimsy. I found it to be a rehash of many traditional hero plotlines, with a romantic subplot, and the comedy was unbearable. So much potential wasted. I think it would have been better if they just let the dinosaurs be without the voices. The anthropomorphization of the dinos was horrendous. I wanted a real dino film. This is not a real dino film. Disappointed. 4/10 will not recommend.

* Horrible losses for the Golden State Warriors. The first was at home versus the Denver Nuggets, which should have been a breeze. The second was a rather unlucky game against the Thunder at OKC. It was Durant's night, with a career high 54. This is considering the Splash brothers were both playing superb offense, the defense was not able to contain Durant. You know you're in trouble when the usually inefficient Kendrick Perkins is suddenly an offensive threat. What the hell.

* Another horrible loss came this week in the form of the loss of the Ateneo Lady Eagles to the De La Salle Lady Spikers. It was a horrid afternoon for the girls, as Denden Lazaro struggled with reception, and Alyssa was not even much of a threat. And mirroring my observation from the previous paragraph, you know you're in trouble when the usually lackluster Des Cheng becomes an offensive threat. What the hell. I hope things improve in tomorrow's rematch at the San Juan Arena.

* Did you know that the human heart literally has tendons called heart strings (chordae tendineae) inside it? The interesting bit is that heart strings can sometimes break after deep emotional trauma os experienced by a person. This may cause the heart to lose form, and as a result be unable to pump blood effectively. You can literally die from a broken heart. When I found this out, I realized that this is probably how Derek Hale dies or something (aka how I'll get my heart broken by Season 3b of Teen Wolf which premiered last week.)

* Getting sick sucks. As always.

***

Five videos I found these past weeks that you should watch

Frozen medley duet, but with instruments! Amazing!


Iggy game winner in Atlanta


Dwight plays some ball with a kid during the delay of the Rockets' game at Washington


Steph Curry's game winner over the Boston Celtics


Dog Attends Mass Regularly as Tribute to His Owner who Passed Away


***

File under: Beat#0012 - World Spins Madly On - The Weepies (Nettwerk)

Last.fm Popularity: 552,823 listeners

Why music bloggers would like it: A tuneful, quiet record with beautiful lead and harmony vocals.

Why I really like it: It's essentially the story of my life everyday I wake up. This is the song that actually captures every bit of those emotions.

Fave lyrics:
"I watch the stars from my window sill
The whole world is moving and I'm standing still."

If you liked this, you might also like:
Skinny Love - Birdy (Jasmine Van Den Bogaerde)
Nothing Like You and I - The Perishers (Nettwerk)

0 comments:

Post a Comment